Without the support of local people, communities and businesses we wouldn’t be able to do what we do!
There are many ways you can get involved in the community you live in to support adults and children with disabilities in Dorset.
Donating your time is just as valuable to donating funds, so anyway you can help is really appreciated.
Read more about volunteering with Diverse Abilities
Benefits of volunteering
As well as making a huge difference to the charity and the people we support, there are many ways in which volunteers can personally benefit from volunteering:
- Learn new skills – discover something you are really good at and develop it into a tangible skill
- Meet new people – volunteering is a great way to meet people from different backgrounds and develop friendships
- Enhance your CV – volunteering experience helps you stand out from the crowd to a prospective employer
- Gain experience – if you’re thinking of a change of career, volunteering is a great way of exploring new fields
- Discover new interests and hobbies – expand your horizons by trying something you’ve not done before and you may discover a new passion
- Feel good about yourself – volunteering helps boost your confidence, improves your health and will give you a sense of achievement.
Volunteers are very important to Diverse Abilities and we value the contribution of every individual.
We offer a variety of roles to ensure that whether you have 30 minutes to spare or a day every week, we may be able to offer you an opportunity to get involved.
Here are just some of the ways in which you could volunteer for us:
- Join our event squad and help at community events, shows and street collections (insert link to street collections in donate)
- Volunteer at our day opportunities service and help adults with disabilities enjoy lots of different activities
- Become an ambassador for us and spread the word of what we do!
- Help support our holiday and activity clubs for children with disabilities
- Spend a day a week helping in a class in our school
- Have a team building day out of the office and do some gardening or DIY for us.
Be our friend
The ‘Friend’s of Diverse Abilities’ group is full of kind-hearted, fun loving and sociable people of all ages and we are always looking for more to join us.
The group work together to raise the profile of the charity as well as raising much needed funds by organising events.
All walks of life are part of the group, e.g a uni student or a retired professional or a mum looking for something to focus on.
Benefits of being part of the group include:
- Raise money and awareness for Diverse Abilities
- Meet new people – socialise and have fun!
- Be part of a dedicated and motivated team of volunteers
- Opportunity to develop new skills
- Great for your CV
- Personally rewarding as you are helping the local community.
If you think you have the skills or enthusiasm to be part of the group, please get in touch with email@example.com
If you know someone else that may be interested, please do email them or print our leaflet.
Sign up to our monthly volunteer e-mail newsletter