There are many ways you as an individual, your business or community group get can get involved with Diverse Abilities.
You could take part in a fundraising event, choose us as your charity of the year, donate items or services, volunteer, recycle printer cartridges and much more!
We work with a range of businesses, groups and individuals in the Dorset area, which ensures the vital services can continue to run. You can pop in and see what our range services do at any time and see the impact your support has. Just get in touch to make an appointment.
Why partner with Diverse Abilities
- You will be assigned a team member to fully support you throughout the partnership, giving you the tools to make your fundraising as easy as possible
- Working together we will design a bespoke calendar of events for your company including volunteering opportunities, events, challenges and employee fundraising
- You will demonstrate your commitment to corporate social responsibility
- You will be partnering with a charity where you can really see how your support is making a difference
- Team building benefits of fundraising activity will lead to boosted staff morale
- Our marketing and communications team will make the best use of local media and social media opportunities to promote the support that you are giving
- Networking opportunities through invitation to our special events.
How you can partner with Diverse Abilities…
We have many challenge events that individuals or groups can undertake. These can really challenge you or, for business employees, be a great team building exercise and a great boost to staff morale.
Check out our event listings here.
If you don’t see an event you fancy, then Diverse Abilities would be happy to find the perfect one just for you.
Or why not organise your own fundraising event or challenge… bake some cakes and sell them, stop eating chocolate for a certain time period, arrange a pub quiz, do a car boot – the choices are endless! Take a look at our A-Z guide for ideas.
Here are our top tips for fab fundraising:
- Decide what you want to do
- Set a fundraising target
- Set up a Justgiving page
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues
- Use social media to maximise on your fundraising
- Tell Diverse Abilities and we can provide support, materials and advice.
Charity of the year
Many companies choose to focus their charitable support on a different charity each year. The charities are often nominated and selected by employees.
Does your company operate a similar scheme? Please nominate Diverse Abilities!
Gift in kind
As well as raising money, some companies are able to donate their goods or services to help us reduce our expenditure.
For example, a marketing company may be able to give their time to design some marketing materials for us, a law firm could give their advice for free or a construction company might donate building materials for a refurbishment project.
If your company is able to help us in this way, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A great opportunity to provide valuable financial support to Diverse Abilities at the same time as raising the profile of your company is to donate money to cover costs associated to our fundraising activities.
In return, you will receive many benefits including company logos on our website and marketing materials, social media mentions and positive press.
There are many opportunities of this kind available, including sponsorship of events, marketing literature, fundraising campaigns and more. Securing sponsorship to cover these costs ensures that all funds raised go direct to children and adults with disabilities that Diverse Abilities supports.
Auction & raffle prizes
All donations for auction and raffle prizes are greatly appreciated. We need everything from vouchers to champagne, book to signed memorabilia and chocolates to weekends away!
Perhaps you received a birthday or Christmas present you aren’t keen on – donate it! Or, if you have some items that you haven’t been using – donate them! If you can help, this is a great way to support Diverse Abilities.
Many companies offer matched funding schemes to their employees that are fundraising for charity.
Many give a £1 donation for every £1 raised by their employees so if you are taking part in any fundraising, why not see if your company can double your fundraising target?